Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 23, 2011

From Flora to Nashville and Home Again...


This weekend we traveled to Nashville, TN to visit Robert's cousin Abbey George.
Abbey is graduating from high school this week.
We are SO proud of her!
High School - CHECK!
Hollywood - HERE COMES ABBEY!
Abbey is an extremely talented singer.
We cannot to see her name in the spotlight!
 
 

 





 
Abbey's family hosted an open house in her honor at 55 South.
55 South's menu runs deep into Southern comfort, even offering patrons a daily oyster happy hour. The restaurant features Louisiana favorites such as the crawfish fiesta trio, Delta tamales, fried boudin, and chicken & sausage jambalaya, and
southern staples like greens and cornbread, cheese grits and sweet potato fries. 
 55 South is named for the highway
that spans from Memphis to New Orleans.
The food was awesome.
Abbey also works part time at 55 South.

                                     
 Abbey, me & Robert

After the party, we strolled through downtown Franklin, TN!
I LOVE IT!
Franklin is such a cute quaint little town.
We did some shopping and photo ops.
Here is one in front of Sweet CeCe's Bakery.
This one I took for Porter...
  

Sunday we rose early and hit the road.
We made it back in time for me to have my first lesson on the lawn mower.
(I may regret this idea.)
I did great! Plus, I was able to start my summer tanning all while being productive.
Can't get much better!


A section of the finished product!


 While I slaved away, my husband enjoyed his Sunday afternoon!


All and all the weekend was great!
We had a blast.
We finished the day with a great home cooked meal made of
fresh fish in the oven, lemon potatoes, fresh corn, mac & cheese and biscuits.
Not too great for the hips but...
YUM! YUM!

Hope your weekend was just as full and enjoyable!
Until next time...

P.S. The blog is still under construction; however, I could not handle the plain design any longer!
So, until I can get to Chelle's for some lessons in blogging...
Enjoy the pre-made template!!

No comments:

Post a Comment